7.02.2013

Pregnancy Update--Just 9 days to go!

Well, folks, we're in the home stretch!  Looks like this baby is taking after his or her big sister and staying in utero for the long haul. 

Stats (as of 38 weeks, 4 days):
  • 0 cm dilated
  • 0% effaced
  • +25 lbs

Favorite things to do:
  • Sit and think about the things I should be doing around the house
  • Boss my husband around
  • Go for walks/do prego yoga
My doctor appointment took forever yesterday--I think I was not the only patient who was rescheduled last week.  I thought I would be very disappointed to find out that I was not dilated, but I actually was not.  I was just glad to hear that things still seem to be on track, that baby's heart sounded good and it was just good to know where things stood in general.  I got the epidural release--they like you to read it before the "heat of the moment".  She also gave me the "when to call" and "what to do when it's time" sheet.  All things that keep reminding me that the time is near. 

I don't think I'll be stressed to the max if I go past my due date like I was with Nora.  I mean, the due date is really just a guess--it's kind of a 50/50 chance, just like whether I'm having a girl or boy.  So no biggie.  I am blessed to be able to carry a baby to full term--so many are not so fortunate and the longer baby stays in there the healthier baby will be when he or she makes his or her debut. 

So today I'm in a good place. 

No comments: