11.02.2012

Getting Behind

Let's face it: no matter who you are, sometimes you get behind at work. 

It doesn't matter if it's a day off, sick days, not enough hours in the day or just good (or not-so-good), old-fashioned procrastination, it happens to everyone.

Does this feeling of being behind motivate you to work extra hard to catch up, or does it drive you to dispairland where you sit in sackcloth and ashes and gnash your teeth about never getting caught up again?

To be honest I think it depends on the task even more than it depends on my mood.  My Mom is one who can't leave/stop/go to bed with a task that must be finished undone.  If you give her a deadline of today, it will be done before she sleeps.  I have a little of that in me.  But once it a while it's just impossible to finish (I only get to log so many hours a week) and if it's some tedious, unloved task, it teeters on the precipice of falling into dispairland. 

I have been there a little this week, but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Hopefully some hard work tomorrow and a restful weekend will put me back on track to motivation station!  (haha, that's terrible, but I need a counterpart for dispairland!)

I wish you the blessing of a productive day and a restful weekend!  <3 p="p">

No comments: