6.30.2012

Laundry Week: Wrap-Up, Updates and Last Thoughts

Thanks for joining me for laundry week last week!  Also, thanks for bearing with my sporadic posting schedule.  I have a 15 month old and a full time job.  Enough said, right?
In case you missed anything, here’s a recap of last week’s adventure:

Wet Bucket: don’t miss the update on this one or you might end up with a really stinky wet bucket!

Homemade Laundry Detergent: Just this week it has worked on a blowout onto sheets, river mud and watermelon.  Pretreated with some Fels, it took car grease out of a white hat, too!

Line Drying: A friend (Courtney B) and my Mom both gave me the same helpful hint—throw line-dried clothes into the dryer for a few minutes to eliminate stiffness.

Sorting and Putting Away: If only motivation to do this was so easy to come by…

I just realized I promised a technique for folding T-shirts, but didn’t deliver.   I know you were biting your nails and losing sleep over it.  Well, wish and wonder no more!  I learned this from my dear friend Bethany.
Lay T-shirt face down.  I do this step holding it up, but it’s easier to take pictures of it lying down.  However you do it, you want to fold the t-shirt face out.





Fold in one sleeve and then the other






For a long-sleeved t-shirt, just fold the sleeve back and down so that lays vertical on the shirt.
Fold in half bottom to top






Fold in half again bottom to top







Now put your t-shirts in the drawer with the fold facing up

This process makes up to 3 times more t-shirts fit into one drawer!  You can also see all of your t-shirts and tell which is which without rooting through the drawer and messing up all the shirts left behind.  I will never go back to the old way.  When NR was little and had tons of onesies, I folded them in half and placed them fold-up in her drawer so I could see all of them, too.

Well, that’s a wrap for “Laundry Week”!  Thanks for coming along for the ride!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I really love the folding thing. I never thought to put the fold face up. I'm definitely trying it.

Zach and Joy said...

Yes, Adrienne, I feel like it revolutionized my tshirts when I learned this! The only downfall is that you can have more tshirts at one time because more fit in the drawer...I'm such a tshirt hoarder!