5.21.2012

We've Moved!

Wow!  It's been a long time.  I've wanted to post several times about lots of things, but kept thinking, "I haven't even posted NR's birthday pictures yet".  Then I decided to not worry about it and just blog.  So the big news is: We've Moved!
Our new home is Wilmington, Illinois.  Z is the new Student and Arts Minister at First Christian Church in Wilmington.  I am thankful to have kept my CSR job from Evansville, I just do it from home now.  I am loving working from home.  We'll talk about that in a later post.

We are renting a house right now until we sell our home in Evansville.  We are very close to closing...I hope.  I would love to tell you in great detail about all the decor atrocities in this house, but I don't want to come across as ungrateful.  Because I have never felt more grateful or blessed to have a place to live.  Suffice it to say that I wouldn't buy it, but it's perfect for now.
NR in the back yard of our rental

Wilmington is wonderful.  Seriously.  The weather is unbelievable.  It's mild with low humidity. We haven't had our A/C on yet. The soil is dark and rich-looking almost like potting soil.  The town is split by the Kankakee River which is gorgeous.  There is an island in the river that is almost entirely park and it is walking distance from our house.  Lovely.  There is a great State Park close by and we've already been there a few times to walk and hike.
Kankakee River

NR climbing at Kankakee River State Park. This was only a couple weeks ago and she already looks so different!

Napping on the trail at the State Park

Rock Creek

The town is tiny, but is full of neat local shops and restaurants.  There are two larger cities nearby where we can hit Wal-Mart, Target, a mall, lots of thrift stores and pretty much anything else we want.  Then, just a little further is Chicago.  We've been in a couple times already and it's great. We even rode the L train--how local are we? Totally kidding, we're totally tourists complete with looking up at the tall buildings and stopping in souvenir shops!
Our little gal riding the L

The people in our church are awesome.  I feel really at home and I think I'm getting a real feel for a lot of the people here.  It has been very easy to talk to people and get to know people, which is amazing because that is not typically an easy task for me.  At all.  Like this is a miracle.  I can't wait to see where things go this summer and into the fall.  The vision of the church is exciting.  Z said the other day how he is slowly beginning to feel like himself.  I'm seeing him come alive in the ministry, which is beautiful.  He's finally doing what he was called to, is passionate about and studied. 

Good things, people.  God is good and has good in mind for us.  He does for you, too.  Remaining patient, faithful and steadfast has not been easy.  It's been downright frustrating, painful and even agonizing.  But it is clearly worth it.  Seeing one chapter of our lives close and another open makes me more fervently desire to walk in God's plan no matter the cost.  It has refreshed and renewed me.  He is Good.
And one parting shot of our living room...you know you want this carpet :)

2 comments:

Neyhart said...

I'm so happy for you both! I like reading your updates on here :-)
And I can't believe how big Nora is getting!

Becky Griep. said...

This is such a wonderful dialog of where you are and how far you have come. It was so obvious God wanted you there. See you soon