Her little personality is really blossoming every day! She is very sweet and tender-hearted. She seems to get her feelings hurt easily. When we tell her no or swat her hand (especially when she's touching things on the TV stand) she cries like you've broken her heart. She definitely has favorite people. Daddy, all 4 Grandparents and our friend Cheryl are her favorites. She's never short a smile for anyone, though. She's incredibly friendly still and has not seemed to develop stranger anxiety.
Things she likes:
- Our pets--she is always reaching for our dog and cat to pet them. She really does quite well being gentle most of the time. Tank (the dog) is not her biggest fan, though. We keep a close eye on him because even though he usually just walks away if he's tired of her, we don't want to chance her pushing him too far.
- Wheel of Fortune--we don't let her watch TV, really, but Zach and I like Wheel of Fortune so it's usually on in the evenings and Nora is obsessed with it! When she hears the crowd say the name at the beginning of the show, she crawls over to the TV and pulls up on the stand to watch from as close as possible. At this moment, we're planning a Wheel of Fortune 1st birthday party.
- Peek a boo
- Clapping (your hands, not hers)
- Getting her picture taken
Things she is doing:
- Pulling up on everything. Actually she uses objects as support and stands up. She's not standing on her own yet.
- Walking a few steps with a walking toy
- She (finally) can get from laying to sitting on her own and has been for a while now. It was like a switch flipped and she figured it out. She was crawling a little and pulling up before she figured it out.
- She pulled up before she crawled
- She is exploring--she follows us all over the house (and when we stop, pulls up on our pants legs). She also crawls from room to room to explore and play.
- Figuring out toys. She has figured out buttons and doesn't just pound on things the way she used to. She plays with things a lot more the way they are "supposed" to be played with.
- Says "mama" and "dada" and is working really hard on "dog" and "arf arf"
Things she's not doing that I thought she might be by now:
- Waving bye-bye
We went to the doctor this week and she weighed in at 22 lbs, 4 oz and was 28 3/4 inches tall. She's on the 90th percentile and he thinks she'll walk before she's 1 based on her standing and stability. She had the stomach flu starting right around Christmas and had that for a little over a week. It was the only major health thing she's had. She had a small allergic reaction to the flu vaccine, but we weren't surprised since I'm also allergic to it.
All in all, she is the most laid-back, easy to care for, most fun kid I've ever been around. She is just a delight in our lives and we are so happy to have her in our family.