9.26.2011

DTR, blog style

I've been working on a few things for on here over the weekend, but nothing got completed. I've got photos picked for a new feature I'm calling "one-tank wonders" and some photos chosen for a "watch me grow" post in honor of NR's 6 month "birthday". I've also done some work on a DIY of some under-sink storage. So, things really are coming...eventually.

I am a faithful reader of the blog Young House Love. They had their "blogiversary week" last week and I read some of their blog tips. One of them talked about not making your blog be something it's not. There's a big difference between Young House Love and I, because I'm not doing this as a means of income (let alone my sole means of income), but their advice rang true: people can read falsity in a blog just as easily as they can in real life.

Now, this is certainly not to say that I have shared anything false with you all up to this point! But I have needed the advice so I could have a much needed DTR (defining the relationship) talk with getagriep.

I have been trying really hard to decide what I want my blog to be like over the past couple months and have failed miserably. Do I want it to be about parenting? About DIY? About my life? Travel? Food? But what I realized is that it doesn't have to be about one neat, tidy, little thing! It can be about ALL of those things and still be great!

So, no, every post doesn't have to have pictures and instructions; doesn't have to seem well put together...it just has to be me. Us. It just needs to be our dorky, happy, crazy life. And I'm happy with that. So look out! There will probably be more posts from here on out, and who knows what the topics will be, but you can be sure it'll be all Griep!

No comments: