7.25.2011

Paved with Good Inentions...

Well, I survived VBS! It pretty much kicked my butt, but we had a great week. We didn't have the highest attendance ever recorded, but we did have great consistency. We only had 51 different kids across the week, but we had 40-46 each night. We did Gospel Light's Son Surf Beach Bash which covered meeting Jesus, looking to Jesus for help, joining God's family, opening up to Jesus about our sin and getting fired up to tell others about Jesus. Good times.

I have been inspired by a couple of blogs lately and have had good intentions to post some tutorials and DIY projects. I have finished two and am waiting for it not to be 100 degrees to work some more on one that is in progress. I also have one on deck for when the current one gets finished, and a project that I'm dreaming of working on, which will probably not get started till fall (it will require me to clean up my garage a bit so I can get a table out of it). One can only have so many things going on at once! However, as you can see, I have failed to post any such DIYs or tutorials. One of them is 4th of July specific...to post now or to wait till next year...that is the question. Sad day.

Anyway, expect a little more on here in the future (I know, I've made that idle threat promise before). I’m hoping to start after I get my house (and the church) de-VBS-ified. My parents stopped in this weekend on their way to Branson and caught the house a mess. I’m hoping to have some marked improvement by the time they stop again on the way home this coming weekend. Maybe I’ll get my booty in gear and posting by next week! Watch for some 4th of July Strawberries and a pair of chairs in the near future!

Finally, I leave you with some VBS Pictures!


One of our snacks, blue jello "ocean" with whipped cream "waves" complete with gummi octopus!

The Dunes Room. Woot Woot for my vounteers who helped paint that backdrop!

Volunteers hanging out at the registration table

Our SonSurf Beach. Big shout out to Zach for creating the beach, wrestling those kayaks up there and building the barrier to keep kids out of the sand!

The signs with each day's action on them: Meet up, Look Up, Join Up, Open Up, Fire Up

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looks great!! Glad you survived:)