1.20.2011

New Year

I haven't done so well keeping up with this so far since creating it, but I hope to post more regularly in 2011.

Allow me to catch everyone up. We closed on our house on May 20, 2010 (also our 4 year wedding anniversary). Then we promptly left on vacation. What crazy timing!

We spent a few days in Gatlinburg, TN where we ziplined, hiked, sight-saw and, of course, ate.

When we got home we started on the house. Zach and our friend Andy worked really hard painting and getting things fixed up. Zach's parents were (and have continued to be) champs! They have helped with everything from construction (and destruction) to paint and making curtains! My mom and cousin came down for a week in June and helped us move our things in and get organized. It was very hot that week, but they worked tirelessly and got our entire kitchen moved in and organized along with a million other things! Mom and Dad came down again over Labor Day weekend (and brought two of our nieces, Liz and Grace) and in October for my birthday (and brought along another neice, Ali...we share the same birthday). Dad helped Zach start work on framing and building the half bathroom we added upstairs. We have been very blessed!

In July we were immensely blessed to find out that we are pregnant! We told our families the last week of July and it was such a fun thing to do! We told my family while on family vacation at Whitewater Memorial State Park in Connersville, IN. Several of them were not surprised, and the nieces and nephew seemed shocked. I remember being very excited when my sister and sister-in-law were pregnant when I was young, but not being sure what questions to ask to let them know I was excited and interested. I think that's where they are for the most part, also.

As of yesterday we are 2 months away from the ETA of Asher Isaac or Nora Rose.

Zach's Grandma Griepenstroh passed away the last week of July and he performed the service. We were surrounded by friends to support the family and I was amazed to meet some of Grandma Griepenstroh's friends and hear HOW MANY years they have been friends and some of their adventures. Zach did a great job performing the service. I was very proud.

Those details pretty much bring you up to speed.

No comments: